This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Improvement suggestions

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:58 AM
I love the Task Card Creator (TCC), it generates the Task Board Cards exactly how I wanted.

I have a couple of suggestions though:

It is very inconvenient to have to select the server and the team project every single time I start the TCC. Storing the service provider, the server and the the team project in a list would be great. After starting the TCC just select your stored project and pick the query you want the cards for - two clicks. Maybe event storing the query would be a good idea ?

It would also be great to be able to have more than one user defined report to select from.

And why is the maximize button disabled ?

Other than that, perfect !
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2016 at 8:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Hi XiaoP.

The reason for the server/project selection is that this is done outside my code - in the TFS assemblies - I cannot avoid this dialog (I think).

Yes - next version should support multiple user defines reports. User defines reports started as a experiment - but I think it is widely used. Issue created:
https://taskcardcreator.codeplex.com/workitem/1799

About the disabled maximize button - there is a reason. I'm using the ribbon control from the .Net framework - and there is a lot of issues with this control. I'm disabling the maximize button due to an issue with at maximized window not rendering correctly on different Windows versions:-(

I am glad that you like this project. Have you made any user defined reports that you would like to share? Also I would appreciate if you wrote a small review here.

/mrtn