This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Editing reports - xaml

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Hello,

I'm a bit new to xaml, but love the task card creator.

I would like to tweat one of the reports and change the layout, but my VS2010 reports

"The document root element is not supported by the visual designer"

when I try to edit it. What beginner mistake am I making please? I presume a visual designer for these is available?

Thank you for your help,

Russ
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Hi Russ_T,

Sorry - in the current implementation you cannot use the visual designer.

mrtn
Aug 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
That's ok, at least you've saved me trying to edit them with the designer. I'll have to try to read the source and edit it that way.

Are there any tricks to this, can I take a snippet and put that into the designer?

I'm looking to make a card that

Moves the title into the band and the work item number down.
Has acceptance criteria (most important part for us)
The assigned to moves down a line as it currently falls off.
I am going to use hours rather than 1/8ths of a day.

If I can do that I'll email someone the code as I think it'd be handy for other users.

Ultimately I'm going to see if I can allow you to go "Back" after clicking report, so you can choose a different template :)

Anyway great product thank you, it's making our board look a lot more organised :D
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Ok I've managed to implement all that, and fix a bug where there are no descriptions for a task it was printing an exception. So far so good!

Now I need to access the backlog item acceptance criteria. At the moment I cannot see where the list of work items is built and their properties populated. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you