This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Querying Tasks and Impediments.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I really apreciate for creating this great tool. I am trying to test it out. But  when we click on Product backlog for some reason its not bringing tasks and Impediments.

Please help me in if any body used this tool before.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Edited Jan 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hi mrajkumar23.

Try again. Then open the logfile and search for Workitems loaded: X  Does this number match the correct number of workitems in the query?

Can you see the task and impediments in the list of work items?

What about the query. Is it a custom made query? Or some of the default queries?

Another question. Be sure that you don't deselect any workitems in the  'Select Work Items' listview. By default all workitems are selected.

Hope you find a solution. Let me know if you do.

//mrtn

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Hi mrajkumar23.

Aha... Now I know... You use the Product Backlog query. And the default created Product Backlog query for the Scrum process template only includes Product Backlog Items and Bugs.

Try selecting a Sprint Backlog...

//mrtn

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for replying.

I have tried seletecing sprint Backlog still i can not see any tasks and impediments.

I have tried with by making custome made query. Here i can see the tasks and impediments. But when i click on generate report it only show title of the task which can't i see the description of task.

Is there any setting to see description of task.

Please help . Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hi mrajkumar23.

>> ... only show title of the task which can't i see the description of task.

This is how it works. The current Scrum report template does not print the description.

//mrtn