This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using a different process template

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM

My team is using the MS Agile template. Will this tool work with that template as well or does it need to be the Scrum one?

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hi huntantr,

In the 1.0.0.0 release I have made a small change so Product Backlog Items are in blue colors, Bugs are in red colors, and Tasks are in yellow colors. All other Work Item types does not have any coloring. So you should be able to use my tool. However you will not get different colors on your cards. I think I will add support for the Agile template next time I make a release. I have a plan of also printing: parent ID + children IDs.

If you try using my tool, I would appreciate, if you post a reply here saying that it works.

//mrtn

Developer
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Hello,

I have to thank you for your excellent work.  This project was invaluable to me and will be great use for our team moving forward.

We use the MSF Agile 5.0 template.  The project as it was mostly worked, the only exception being that story work items are "User Story" type and so they were processed as unknown work item types.  However we wanted a lot of information on each card.  I have made many modifications/enhancements and with a bit of work the changes could be merged with your project, I wonder if you would like this.

I added the following features:

User Story

• Moved work item Id next to work item Type in the card header
  • Added Rank and Parent ID to right side of card header
  • Added Description to Row 1
  • Added User Story Points to Row 1 below the description
  • Added Iteration Path on the lower right of card

Task

• Moved work item Id next to work item Type in the card header
  • Added Description to Row 1
  • Added Task Estimate to Row 1  below the description
  • Added Task Assignment text to the right of the Task Estimate (Name is then handwritten on the Task board)

Bug

• Moved work item Id next to work item Type in the card header
  • Added Description to Row 1, including stripping the html
  • Added Bug Assignment text to the right of the Task Estimate (Name is then handwritten on the Task board)

Added applicable generic features to Unknown Card

I know I've broken the project for some work items under the Scrum template, but I know most of the changes required to merge the changes.  If you don't want these features in your codebase, I'd be happy if you don't mind us maintaining it in our TFS.  I would still like to modify it to generate two columns of cards per page.

Please let me know.

rleikis

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Hi rleikis,

Sounds very good. I would like you to help me with this project. I have prepared the source to support multiple report templates. I will send you an email with more details.

//mrtn